Sunday, March 1, 2009

Rich and Nora Discuss the Pigeon's True Motives





I hope books will be as important to Nora as they are to me. (And I do mean real, paper books-- not e-books. Everybody who works in publishing is wondering whether print is dead, but I don't believe it.) I have warm memories of some of the books I read as a child. A Walk in Wolf Wood, by Mary Stewart, is the first book I remember that made me feel transported to another world where the characters were as real as people I knew. It also made me very much want to be or marry a werewolf, but that's neither here nor there.
My parents read to me quite a bit, and Rich and I have started reading to Nora. Right now all she really wants to do is gnaw on the corners of the book, but it's a start. Here Rich is reading The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog, a gift from Sharon and Jarrod. (Thanks, guys!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the way Lucy is tilting her head as if to get a look at the pictures in the book. And I love that last "reading" picture of Nora where she has the giggles. I can just hear her. Marme

Ecotistical said...

I had to laugh about the "eating books" part. Phoebe still wants to eat the books. I hope she will pay more attention. In other news, how's the Bumbo working out for you guys?

Meg said...

We love the bumbo, but she's starting to get too big for it-- her chunky little thighs get stuck!!