Sunday, December 27, 2009

More New Words

"Meow"

"Down" (when she wants out of her high chair)

"Pretty" (pronounced exactly like "Birdie")

"Choo-choo train" (I am reasonably sure I heard this, after the beginning of a kids' song had some train sounds. I have not been able to get her to say it again.)

Rich swears she said "Can you reach that?" in reference to the little light on her kitchen play set. I'm merely reporting what he says.

It's incredible to be able to communicate with her by way of more than just grunts and pointing. I can ask her questions and she'll answer them with a yes or no. (Or silence, which I suppose is also an answer.) She can point to her ears, bellybutton, and nose when we ask her to. This will come in handy during job interviews.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Meow? Really? I will have to check this myself, since she has never meowed for me or even quacked.
But you should add 'pretty' to the list.

Meg said...

Oops-- I just added "pretty."

Yes, her new toy that Aunt Eezy got her makes animal noises, and immediately after hearing "Meow" from the toy, she said it.