Saturday, January 30, 2010

Catching Up

I've been remiss about posting photos, mostly because I've become hypnotized by the itouch Rich gave me, which makes surfing the internet incredibly easy but typing incredibly annoying. So let me post the record of our January adventures, starting with

A Trip to the Festival of Lights
This was my birthday celebration. It was a lovely day: breakfast with out-of-town friends, then a lovely long nap for all three of us, hanging out around the house, and then heading out into the cold for a look at the beautiful lights at the Zoo. After the Zoo, we had delicious burgers at Five Guys over by UC, and Nora won over some surly-looking college kids.


A Big Snowfall

It snowed heavily on the 7th, and when I got home from work I could see that all the kids on the street were out in their snowsuits, riding their sleds in the street and throwing snowballs. I hurriedly stuffed Nora into her snowsuit, glad to have an opportunity to use it at least once. I had bought Nora snowboots that day, and I'm still not sure how they fit-- for all I know she could be standing on her tiptoes in there. But I was grateful to have them so that we could rush out to join the other kids and parents to have a little fun before dinner.

No comments: