Saturday, October 24, 2009
Nora the Explorer
Nora took her first steps tonight!! Just a couple of lurching steps toward me, and then toward her daddy-- but it's the first time she's ever tried moving around without something to hold onto. More thoughts on this, and hopefully some video, in the next few days. I just wanted to record this news right away!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
And these first few steps were on our five year anniversary!
I wish I could have seen her face. Did she have a look of triumph, or was she aware of what she had done? Plus, is she now doing it more?
I think you should do a post with her first words in it. I can count 4, "mama, dada, doggie" and, maybe "baba" for bottle. She MIGHT say "grandmama" pronounced "mamamamam." Any more?
I don't think the lightbulb has quite gone off over her head when it comes to walking. She kind of lurched over to us, but right now crawling is more efficient for her. Cawling seemed that way at first, too-- she didn't have a big "a-HA!" moment, but over the course of a couple of days became a pro at it.
As for Nora's word count, I do think she's saying "baba" in reference to her bottle, and she's said what sounded like "baby" recently. But I'm afraid I'm not counting "mamama" as "Grandmama." I think it's just an emphasized form of "mama."
She also seemed to say "cheese" several times yesterday during dinner and even pointed toward the empty string cheese wrapper.
Mmm, I don't know-- she definitely wanted the cheese, and registered clear disappointment when she mistook a piece of cauliflower for cheese, but I think it was more likely that "iss, iss" sound she makes when she points at something she wants. Maybe she's saying "this," which is still pretty darn brilliant.
Of course, if "doggy" and "cheese" are her first true words, then she's truly a Cannon-Sonnenberg.
The vowel sound was definitely "ee," not "ih" or "eh."
I heard "cheese" twice.
I think the "ish" sound she makes when she points at something is the word "this." Which is brilliant. But I don't know where she would get that. Maybe, in trying to appease her, we touch something and say, "This?"
Post a Comment