I bought Nora a Shark cordless vacuum cleaner-- one of those stick vacuums. She loves pushing things around, and she has blessedly inherited from her daycare lady a certain reluctance to endure filth , so I can't lose, right?
It has to charge for at least 20 hours before the first use, so we couldn't pull it out today. But tomorrow, tomorrow... my words trail off as I envision a life where my toddler happily keeps the floors dog-hair-and-cheerio-free. I really hyped this thing up at the store, and I keep talking about "Nora's vacuum," which makes her chuckle and shimmy up and down, so maybe she will develop a proprietorial attitude towards it. Maybe vacuuming will be, like running in circles around the ottoman and singing "Happy Birthday," one of those things she never seems to tire of.
Watch this space for an update. If anybody out there wants to start making kid-sized working vacuums in fun colors, please pay me millions of dollars first.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Let me know how it works out. I may want her to clean Bamama's house. And, I don't think child labor laws can touch us.
Post a Comment