I have a philosophical objection to store-bought costumes. Growing up, we raided my mom's closet for costume ideas, which resulted in endless variations on the "hobo" and "gypsy" looks (Mom, what does that say about your wardrobe?). Motherhood, however, has so far kept me too busy to actually do many of the domestic duties I associate with motherhood, so off to Old Navy we went to check out their costume selection.
We looked at a lot of costumes I thought Nora would fall for right away-- monkey, doggy, butterfly, princess even-- but each was met with a scornful "NO!" Finally I turned to the "boy" rack and pulled a racecar driver outfit out. "Would you like to be a racecar driver?" I asked? "Yeaaaaaahhhh!" she breathed, and it was decided-- much to her father's delight.
For the next two weeks, however, whenever anyone asked her what she was going to be for Halloween, she eagerly responded, "Butterfly!" So just to be safe, I got her some butterfly wings and a little tulle skirt.
Here she is on a trial run of the backup outfit:
1 comment:
I like the narration here, and the photos are good, too. I especially like the butterfly costume over the skeleton pj's. She is all things to all people. I also like the Pleasant Ridge Chili Miner.
Post a Comment