More than I've ever noticed, as a matter of fact.
People, are you aware of the price of a decent baby doll? I wanted a doll that wasn't made in China and that got good reviews on Amazon. My other stipulation was that it couldn't be battery-operated or do anything aside from opening and closing its eyes when you lay it down. I carry with me my childhood prejudices; I always thought a doll who "peed" when you fed it, for instance, was good only for peeing and couldn't be used for other purposes. Or that a stuffed dog in a sleeping pose would forever be comatose and therefore no fun at all to play with. So I wanted the most versatile-- and quietest-- doll possible.
I ended up choosing a Corolle, which gets rave reviews from parents and grandparents on Amazon and is made in France, apparently out of pieces of Marie Antoinette's petticoats. It's expensive, is what I'm saying.
But when it comes down to it, Hard Baby was worth it. I'm writing this in January (I know, Mom) and Hard Baby still gets lots of play time. I think it's probably a good idea to invest in just one or two big toys rather than ply her with lots of junk. Tell that to me at Christmastime, though.
Check out her birthday party outfit. Those shoes light up.
She had a pretty great time.


No comments:
Post a Comment