April '10: Finger (Realized she knew this word when she kept repeating it loudly during a stroll yesterday; turned out her thumb was stuck in part of the stroller's seatbelt assembly. Here I am walking along, absently repeating, "Finger. Yup. You've got ten fingers, alright" before I finally realize she's trying to direct our attention to a dire finger-related emergency. All ended well, and she still has ten fingers.)
April '10: "STOP!" "ENOUGH!" and "MOVE!" (We're all starting to realize what a mimic Nora is becoming, even when we would perhaps wish she wasn't; these words come from the sittter's house, where they are directed-- exclusively, I think-- at the dog. )
April '10: I love you (Pronounced "ahFOWah." Perhaps you suspect I am jumping the gun on this one because I am so eager to hear this, but I swear-- every time we say "I love you" to Nora, she responds dutifully with "Afowah!" I'll interpret it however I want, thank-you-very-much.)
April '10: Airplane (emphasis squarely on the second syllable. This word is always accompanied by much excitement and pointing.)
April '10: Okay (Pronounced "Eekee." This is my favorite word right now, as it actually represents acquiescence! I'll be trying to put Nora's shoes on, and every time I sit her down she scrambles up and crawls away. Then finally, after setting her on her heinie for the fifth time, she says "Eekee, Mama," and patiently holds out her foot to be shod.
March '10: Apple (This term encompasses both apples and oranges, which, to Nora, are not so different after all.)
March '10: Good Boy (Pronounced "GaBOOey")
March '10: Boy
March '10: Choo-choo
March '10: Owl
March '10: Water
March '10: Funny (She uses it interchangeably with "Fun," but she does know what it means to be funny-- and she'll tell us, in case we don't realize it, that she's being funny)
March '10: Sky
March '10: Moon
March 20, 2010: Flower (Just in time for the first day of Spring!)
March '10: Squirrel (Pronounced "SKU-wo")
March 17, 2010: Grandmama (Pronounced "GaMAma")
March 17, 2010: Nora (Finally, finally! Pronounced "NNNNO-wa!")
March '10: Gussy, Ollie (Her two little boyfriends across the street. She's been saying "Sussy" for awhile, but yesterday she pronounced both their names as clearly as a schoolmarm.)
March '10: Color (Pronounced "Golooo"; this one took me quite a while to figure out this morning. Turns out she desperately wanted the red pen on the kitchen counter.)
March '10: Owwee (as in a cut or a bruise; sorry you had to learn that word, kiddo)
March '10: Night-night
March '10: See you! (Said instead of "Bye-bye" sometimes)
March '10: Cheerios (Pronounced "SO-yo")
March '10: Bunny
March '10: Piano (Pronounced "MAN-o")
March '10: Radio (Pronounced "WEE-yo")
March '10: Stinky
March '10: Hair (Pronounced "Errrrrr")
March '10: Nose (Pronounced "No!")
March '10: Orange (Pronounced "Ball-ball"-- we're going a little Koko-the-Gorilla on this one)
March '10: Window
March '10: Sylvia (A little girl from daycare, apparently a favorite-- pronounced "Suya")
March '10: Donkey
March '10: Vrrrooom vroooom! (car)
March '10: Excuse me (Pronounced "Sue me!")
March '10: "Walky"
Feb '10: Tickle (Pronounced "Tico," which is apparently also the name of Dora the Explorer's pet squirrel or something, so we may be misinterpreting but I don't think so.)
Feb '10: Dolly (Pronounced "Lolly"-- my mom's trying to co-opt this one as her nickname, too. First banana, then dolly. What's next, Grandma Washing Machine?)
Feb '10: Sorry (Pronounced "Sowwy" and pretty darn adorable)
Feb '10: Key
Feb '10: Poo-poo (A very handy addition to the vocabulary)
Feb '10: Brrrrrr! (Accompanied by a pretend shiver)
Feb '10: Snow (Mostly pronounced "No!" but sometimes "zzzzz NO!"
Feb '10: Night-night
Feb '10: Sleepy
Feb '10: Go? (She's been saying "go" for several months, but now it seems to mean "Give it to me"-- as in "Here you go," which I often say when I give her something. This is toddler etymology; don't overthink it.
Feb '10: Let's go! (Pronounced "Sgo!")
Feb '10: Shoe (pronounced "zhoooo!")
Feb '10: Sockee
Feb '10: Bookee
Feb '10: Bye-bye
Feb '10: Hello? (said while holding her play phone-- or any small object-- up to her ear. Also "'lo?" or "Hi?")
Jan '10: Monkey (this is an elusive one-- I thought I heard it once, and Rich swears he heard it in reference to her monkey puppet. But this is the same man who vowed that she said "Can you reach that?" while pointing at the light on her play kitchen a few months ago. So.
Jan '10: Silly (pronounced "leelee" and usually directed towards something the dog is doing)
5 comments:
I love the head-in-the-hands moment at the end of the second video. I imagine she's thinking, "Why am I being sooooo silly?"
Rich/Daddy
I keep looking at these videos, and they just fill up my hear. I think they are the cutest thing I have seen since you were little.
Ok. I meant "fill up my heart" not "hear."
LOL! That is so darn cute!
SO CUTE! Baby Nora can really bust a move!
Gretchen (Ollie and Sussy's mom)
Post a Comment