Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Some Good News!

Rich keeps reminding me not to get my hopes up too high, but I wanted to share that Nora's platelet count at her blood test was up to a whopping 71,000-- that's 35,000 more than she had after her IV treatment last Monday. We were braced for the numbers to come way down, because the first time she got the IV treatment the platelets were down to a very scary 3,000 after only a week, and we had to go back to the hospital for about 6 hours to get the IV-IG again.

I've been making a lot of wishes on eyelashes and yellow traffic lights, so maybe they're starting to pay off. And I know a lot of people have been sending us very good thoughts for a quick recovery, and I really do think that counts for something in the universe. More news after Thursday, when we have an appointment with a hematologist...

1 comment:

sarah said...

Yay Nora! I'm glad she seems to be kicking this.