It's come to my attention that I am starving my baby's brain by not playing music often enough. I just don't think to play music very often. Does anyone have any recommendations for music their babies and kids have loved, that wouldn't make my ears bleed? When I worked at the bookstore I remember liking John Lithgow's CD, but I'm not sure I could stand it over and over at home.
I ask mostly for the selfish reason that I love watching toddlers bounce up and down to music. And I eagerly anticipate teaching Nora made-up lyrics for adult songs.
An example of lyrics my friend George made up to satisfy his curious little boy:
It's gettin' hot in here
so take off your coat
(I am -- getting so hot-- I'm gonna take my coat offff)
[The real lyrics, in case you don't know, are "It's gettin' hot in here, so take off all your clothes (I am getting so hot I'm gonna take my clothes off)"]
I ask mostly for the selfish reason that I love watching toddlers bounce up and down to music. And I eagerly anticipate teaching Nora made-up lyrics for adult songs.
An example of lyrics my friend George made up to satisfy his curious little boy:
It's gettin' hot in here
so take off your coat
(I am -- getting so hot-- I'm gonna take my coat offff)
[The real lyrics, in case you don't know, are "It's gettin' hot in here, so take off all your clothes (I am getting so hot I'm gonna take my clothes off)"]
5 comments:
Well, I got really excited because I was going to recommend the John Lithgow cd, but alas...
How about that Beatles kids one?
I rarely let Libby watch TV, but she likes to bop to the Sesame Street theme song and to Barney. She seems to really like it when other little kids sing. There are some on demand music channels for kids if you have Time Warner Cable.
Sorry, Sam, you're 0 for 2. I can't stand the thought of kids covering Beatles songs. But just the plain old Beatles are a good idea. And actually, I'm having second thoughts about the John Lithgow one. If I could stand to hear it nonstop in the kids' store at JBB, that's probably a pretty good gauge.
Sarah-- I'll have to check if Dish Network has a kids' music channel. I bet they do. Good idea!
Libby also has a Leapfrog music table, and she loves to groove to her own tunes on that. It's a pretty cool toy! Fisher Price makes one too.
This comment is off the mark, but I love when Nora presses her face against the netting of the pack- and-play and she just leaves it there, like a baby bank robber, and occasionally licks the net.
Post a Comment