Friday, August 7, 2009

Back on the Chart!


The receptionist at our doctor's office officially confirmed that Nora is the cutest baby who comes into their office. Sorry, other parents. There can only be one number one.

So Nora had her 9 month appointment, and here are the stats: 22 lbs 11 oz; 29.5 inches. She's in the 96th percentile, if I remember correctly, for both height and weight. And when you chart height and weight together, Nora is just about at the 50th percentile mark-- which means she is perfectly proportional. But the doctor says this doesn't really predict future height or build. We could still stunt her, in so many ways. (See Philip Larkin's poem, "This Be the Verse"-- unless you're opposed to tart language.)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I love this photo. When was it taken? I love when she sets her mouth like that, like she is really concentrating on something.

Meg said...

I'm not sure, I think this is a July picture. Yeah, that set in her jaw is why I posted this one. It's like she's observing and withholding judgment.